Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Missed the Tree Burning


Well this year, we missed a major event at the Thatcher home.  The tree burning!  The truth is, that it is probably better that we missed it. I am not sure what message that it is sending to my 3 boys.  Grown men dancing around a pile of dead trees, pouring gasoline all over them, and then topping it with the dead evergreen tree, then setting a blaze.  Not exactly the smartest family tradition.  But then again they are my in-laws and I can't do much about it.   The Thatchers just think they are so creative, but what they don't know is that Red Necks have been doing this for the last 100 years.  

3 comments:

Lindsey Smith said...

Sharie you are so funny! I am so excited taht you are blogging, so am I. I just started so I still have no idea what I am doing but it is way fun. You can check out our blog at lindseyand riley.blogspot.com. We have a few pictures of jack if you want to check him out. Love ya! Oh and by the way, your christmas gift was the best ever! You guys really out did yourself, we LOVE it! I hope Logan liked his Alligator, Jack sure did.

theadventursofsidandlinda said...

My dear SharLou - We ARE red necks and burning the tree is the best part of Christmas. It is certainly a memory your boys will not forget when they grow up. It was a real blaze this year and I sure hope you make it next year.

Thank you so much for taking such good care of our Angie and her friends. She said that you are so wonderful and that you take care of their every need. It is so good to have someone as wonderful as you are there for her during this difficult time in her life.
Love Lou

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

You must feel a real sense of VALIDATION, your not a cray mother you have a son with hypoglycimia! Luke won the lotory when he got you for his mom. I love seeing and reading your family story. It's like discovering a great book with charactures you already know and love.