Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wanting to believe, but.........

McKee is a great kid. He wants to believe in Santa, the Tooth fairy and Leprechauns. He wants to believe for two reasons, the first reason is the benefit that he gets out of this "game" his parents play with him. The other reason is how much fun he has doing it. We found the bag with his tooth under his pillow with hard hitting questions for this "fairy".

The questions McKee has for the Tooth Fairy are....
  • What is your name?
  • What do you do with the Teeth?
  • Are there other Fairies?
  • Where do you get the money (to give to the kids)?


Mark had answers... I wonder if he will still wants to believe? (on a side note, who has better penmanship and spelling)?

When Mckee found this note in the morning, he knew when he read the word "hippo" that his dad wrote the note. He now knew for sure that his dad was the tooth fairy (never thought of Mark as much of a fairy). After a few minutes of deliberation I broke down and told him the dirty secrets all of us parents keep from our kids..... He smiled, walked out of the room and said to his dad, "Mom just took all the fun out of the holidays". Mark asked Mck if he even believed in Santa and he said "I knew it wasnt logical, but I wanted to believe".
I feel like a mean mom...

7 comments:

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

Fascinating, I loved the questions, McKee is a real thinker and really must have a lot of trust in the system, which is obviously what makes it work, and so I must say, I think there has been a breech in etiquette, and perhaps the real tooth fairy should ticket the fake one! For false impersonation and false information! Everyone knows moms use the teeth to make jewelry.

theadventursofsidandlinda said...

More false information - FAIRIES use the teeth to make jewelry. Mom using them for jewelry would only cause more questions - like "where's your jewelry mom?" How ingenious, to actually interrogate the tooth fairy. Never thought of it! Mark's response reminds me of the letter Santa used to write our children thanking them for remembering him OR NOT remembering him. I especially remember the one where he ate the cookies and scolded the children for the fly in the milk. I hope I can find where I have saved them when I write our family history.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Ouch! What's a mom to do? I told my kids that when they stop believing in Santa he stops coming. And if that isn't enough, they are threatened with their lives if they even hint to the little ones about Santa's true status. So everyone "believes" whether they like it or not.
But my kids have a harder time with the tooth fairy. She is so unreliable around here! Sometimes the tooth sits under the pillow for days and weeks, forgotten and neglected. When the kids complain that she didn't come - again, I tell them that it is because their rooms are so dirty that she came but couldn't find the bed. They usually believe me but since our fairy isn't very generous, they decide cleaning up their room isn't worth the investment, and eventually the tooth ends up in the trash. Oh the magic!

VERN said...

Oh Shari, I'm dreading this day. I have so much fun with it that I hope we still get a few more years with Peyton.

Lizzie said...

Mark's letter is a crack-up. Especially the description of what he looks like.

TnD said...

I believe Mck. You gotta keep hope alive!

Melissa Thatcher said...

this one is hilarious