Saturday, March 15, 2008

Our Little Helpers. Gotta Love em!

I went to bed at 6:00pm last night. I felt crummy and left the kids and the house up to Mark. Not to my surprise, I woke this morning to WWIII in the kitchen and family room. Now, for those of you know us, you know this is not an uncommon occurance and when I say it looked like WWIII, I am not exaggerating. I wish I had a before picture to prove it. Well, I had no energy to deal with it.  I complained a little and said "Mck and Luke, you guys have to clean the kitchen today". There was some weeping, wailing, and nashing of teeth.  I left to put Logan to bed, and Mark went to clean the car when I came back down the stairs I found the kitchen taped off. McK would not let me look in. One thing I love about McK is that he can be very creative in how he accomplishes some of his chores. I left again for about 20 min. It got a little to quiet so I went down to check and this is what I found.


 "Don't go in the kitchen and I'm at Donnys house, don't go in the kitchen"


McKee and Luke had cleaned the kitchen and family surprisingly well. They had vacuumed and mopped the floor, wiped of the counters taken dirty clothes to the laundry room, and put away all the toys.  Just look at how good it looks.
Thank you McKee and Luke for helping your mother stay sain today!

11 comments:

TnD said...

Can he come and tape off my living room and kitchen too. It is a disaster area and surprise, surprise Dave is sitting right in the midst of it totally unaffected ;).

Audry said...

That's the Mck I know and love. How great is that. LOve it.

Angie said...

Oh my goodness I love those boys! Missing you so dang much, and thanks for everything again! Love you, and get feeling better!

Carrie said...

Holy Cow!! That is so impressive...such good little helpers!

Melissa Thatcher said...

This is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Brent just died when I told him. We love you guys!

Lizzie said...

Wow, I seriously love your boys. McK cracks me up. I am so impressed that they cleaned all that up. sorry you're sick Shar.

koko bean..... said...

That is way too cute. I love the note and the tape..At least they cleaned before they went to Donnys' house.

Anonymous said...

At least we know where they get their cleaning habits. Way to go Shari you trained them up right! They are such wonderful little boys.

theadventursofsidandlinda said...

SharLou - What a credit to your mothering skills - they are awesome boys and the things you have taught them will stay with them a lifetime. We love you all so much. I love the note - so darn cute and now it is recorded for posterity. I would like to know the results of your blood work.

Jenie said...

What cute boys! I love the note... definitely a perfect touch! I'll have to drop hints to my kids and maybe they'll make me stay in my room for a while. I have a book I'd love to read! :)

MaRea Hess said...

I'm ready for some new pictures!!