Tuesday, April 1, 2008

'Ey Mattie



How does a 16 month little boy scratch his eye?  I couldn't answer that, but somehow Logan did.  We started noticing that he was favoring that eye and always trying to keep it closed.  He was a grumpy one.  I took him to see the doc, who by the way is wonderful.  I had to pin Logan down so the doc could put an orange dye in is eye.  Oh, he was sooo mad.  Mad enough that he held his breath so long that he turned blue and passed out.  It was scary but I was kinda of glad that the doc saw it because lately when Logan gets mad he has been doing that.  Anyway the doc said it was normal and not to worry but to keep watch were he gets into one of his fits so he doesn't pass out and fall off something or on something and injure himself.  

Once we got the dye in his eye, you could plainly see what the doc called a large cornea abrasion.  It is extrememly painful and won't heal without medication and a patch.  So for the past couple of days Logan has been our little Pirate.  He kinda of liked the pirate patch on his eye but hated the band-aid eye patch.  
I didn't realize how having two good eyes effected your balance.   We had a few sorry laughs when he ran into random objects around the house  because his depth perception was so off.  I'm glad that it is healing fast and he is doing so much better.



On a side note Logan has such a cute yet dominate personality. Yesterday, Mark was hooking up our water purifier when Logan decided he wanted to be held. He retrieved his favorite toy, the X-Box game controller, squeezed behind a small smace behind the fridge and plunked himself right smack in the middle of Marks project and sat on his lap. He thought he was so clever and he was. We all had a good laugh though Marks project was delayed till bedtime.

11 comments:

koko bean..... said...

Poor little Logan.. He does look really cute though. At least Mark knows one of his kids loves him.hahaha.. How long does he need to wear that? Save it for Halloween it would help make a great pirate costume. Hey I thought I had your right email address and I don't can you please let me know so I can connect you to my blog, thanks Shar. Hope you guy had a fun mini vacation.

Jeff and Holly said...

Cute pics. I think Logan looks adorable in his little patch. As for his joining Mark while working... Isn't that what it is always like. I swear the only time I can get anything done is while the little ones sleep.

TnD said...

I love that you are focusing on one boy at a time. I feel like I am getting to know who they are even better because of your stories.

Lizzie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kimberly said...

Poor little guy! That must be so painful. I can hardly do anything when I have a little eyelash in my eye that's bugging me. Hopefully he feels better soon.

Kyle Hess said...

The gig is up Mark we all know you brought in a professional and had Shari snap the photo to make yourself look handy.

Jenie said...

That top picture is sooo darling! What a cute little pirate you have!
I hope he's feeling better...I love that he wants to be right in the middle of everything. That's definitely an effective way of getting extra quality time; who can resist that? Logan's a smart boy!

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

I cut the tip of my thumb off Sunday due to a new set of knives. it was so annoying, nauseating, and a bit painful, needless to say it gave me much more empathy for my kids' everyday bumps and bruises. Longan is nothing short of enchanting!

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy that is so sad what goes through these little people's head anyway for them to be holding their breath to the point they pass out...I want that toy!!! There is a little boy in our ward that does the same thing! Crazy! You are such a great mom!! just hang in there!

Lindsey Smith said...

i am in the library and everyone is looking at me because i am laughing a little to loud. He is so dang cute it kills me.

Tiff G. said...

Ouch, poor guy! That had to be so hard pinning him down for the dye, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! He's such a cute little boy, I hope his eye is feeling better!