Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Movin on...

Not sure if anyone cares, or knows.... but Mark is no longer employed at Merrill Lynch.  He and a group of 9 resigned from the firm a week ago Friday and is now working at Morgan Stanley in Palm Desert.  It has been a crazy week, strangest market in 75 years and allot of raw emotion out there right now.  Last night, I was talking to Mark and I asked him if he thought it was worth all the work and effort and his response was simple and to the point....  "My only wish is that we would have done it sooner".      Mark loves a good cause and a challenge he feels that Morgan Stanley gives him a shot at both.   He is working long hours and he comes home with stories that are fun for me and the boys to listen to...    They seem to be doing better then what they or Morgan Stanley expected so that is always good.   I know that all of the guys liked their boss over at Merrill quite a bit, but in they end they all chose to do what they thought was right for the people they care most about.  Thought and prayer went into everyones decision so that is comforting. 
Mark warned me that it would be 3-4 months before things are back to "normal", but that is OK, it is fun to see Mark and all the guys enjoy themselves so much.  

9 comments:

TnD said...

Here, here. It is a crazy time to have Dave working in the market, but I am so glad he is with Mark and his constant enthusiasm--it definitely makes triple digit drops not feel so scary.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Good luck guys! We hope it all works out for you and that one day you will say that that was the best move you ever made.

Gay Man from Palm Springs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenie said...

I'm glad everything is working out okay. It's been a wild ride the last little while! I guess we just hang on for the ride and hope for the best...at least that's what we're doing. If you have a better suggestion, please let me know. :)

D3AB said...

I told Dean the other day that I don't know why as a kid I thought I would be so carefree as an adult! But it is these things that help us grow. It sounds like an awesome move. Just glad you didn't have to move, move. Dayna

Melissa Thatcher said...

happy to hear it's going well , can't wait to see you all in November!

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

It's been a while since you posted last, so I'm wondering if the up's and downs in the market are starting to feel normal or somthing else. One thing about Thatchers is even if it all goes to "H E double tooth picks"....they pick up and keep moving. You all are in good hands.

Lillie said...

September 23rd was a long time ago. I think it's time for a new post. ;)

Lindsey Smith said...

Everywhere we go Jack things that if someone has a beard then they are Jesus and he will tell them strait to their face. Randon would soooooo be Jesus. Looks like a fun time. Love ya!