Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Idaho in the Fall: My sista's house

To begin, I just want everyone to know I'm back!!!!.........maybe. I've been on strike from blogging life for too long and hopefully I can get back into the swing of things. I really have missed being in the "know" with my friends and family.

October 25th weekend, I flew up to see my sister Kristin near Boise Idaho. It was the weekend of my grandmas 90th birthday party, and my sister was having her little girl blessed on that Sunday. The funnest part (if funnest is a word) I didn't tell her I was coming, and I came without my kids (Thanks Mark for all the hassle, and Dave). I just showed up at her house Friday morning. I think her initial reaction was shock, but once that was out of the way, we had so much fun. Then I held my new niece for the first time. She is so cute. I forgot how little babies are. So sad. Anyway, so those sibling of mine who haven't seen Elise, here is a picture of her.

I really enjoyed playing with my nieces and nephews. I wished we lived closer together so that seeing each others families about 3-4 times a year wasn't the norm. Of course we started out with a Costco run...actually I had a Mt. Dew run before that, but really what is life without Costco? Anyway, when we triumphed over Costco, I took lil' grumpy Clara to get her ears checked out. It was fun for me to have one on one time with her. I may have been some martian aunt to her but I really cherished that time she and I spent together. She had ear infections in both ears which explains the grumps. By the time I had to go, she was so cute and happy and smoozing eveyone...mostly the kitties.

That night we went to Maddisons play and then we met Dad and Brenda after for a late evening snack at Red Robin.

Saturday morning, Randon decided to show his "holy" face.

It was really fun to see him. We missed him at our reunion so it had been a while. Saturday morning Dad, Brenda, Ran, Cache and Lauren went golfing with the McKee clan while Kris and I went shopping (which is always fun when your with your sister). When we came back we headed up to Grandma's party (about an hour north west of Boise)....fashionably late of course.

My Grandma and her grandkids.

I really enjoyed talking with my cousins, aunts, uncles, and of course Grandma. For being 90, she sure has more mental faculties going than I do. But the best part about the party was the heart-to-heart I had with Randon on our way back to Kris's place. Ran and I have had these talks through out the years, probably since high school and I always feel so understood and I feel like I get to know Ran so much better. Thanks Ran.

What's Saturday night without "Apples to Apples"


Sunday was the baby blessing and of course good food afterward.

Maddi and baby Elise


Lauren and baby sis


Best of Friends vs. Worst Enemies


Dearest Hannah


Dad and Brenda


Baby Elise and her wonderful Mom and Dad


The Whole Family

The trip went by too quickly but it was so worth it!

7 comments:

TnD said...

Yeah. It is so exciting to see that you posted and to try to figure out who in your family you look like.

Hess said...

looks like you are back from the dead. Is Randon trying out for the next living scripture video? he would make a great impression of Jesus. Looks like you had a great time with your family!

Angie said...

I was thinking the exact same thing about Randon...he would make the perfect jesus for some movie! He should look in to it! :) How fun to just show up and surprize your sister, I can't even imagine the shock that would bring! FUN!!!

Melissa Thatcher said...

How fun! So happy to see you are blogging again. It's nice to see how things are going . . .

D3AB said...

I am glad you are back. I might steal that idea of surprising my sis, I would love that. You have a great looking fam. Dayna

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

I love how you just showed up! What a great thing.

Talk about a look a like, Elise looks sooooo much like Logan, is it just me?

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I didn't know you went up there. What a fun thing to do. I'm glad you had fun.