Saturday, November 8, 2008

Goin' to the dark side.

I'm not sure what motivated the change, maybe it was about change itself, but I decided to dark...with my hair that is. Here is me in a picture with my sister Kristin 2 weeks ago. Notice the blond hair but darker roots. I was inspired I think by my sisters who all have dark hair and so do most of my sister-in-laws.



And the new look.....




I haven't decided on how I feel about it but I think I like it. When I first saw Luke he just stared and then said "Mom, you look like that girl on Ratatouillie". I might look a little cartoonish. Logan just stared and didn't move. Mark didn't recognize me when he saw me and started dailing my cell number to find out where I was. McK just said "Mom you look different, how long will it last?" when I said it was permanent he asked "Can I dye my hair green?" Now what could I say to that? Of course not. It's definitely a different look for me and if nothing else, I keep thinking I look like my mom (which to me is a very good thing).

11 comments:

Audry said...

I think Mck would look great with green hair. I think I need to see it in person to see the full effect.

Audry said...

Shari this is Kolette so Luke means you look like ME..The girls name off of that show is Kolette. I love the new look, I really do.

Anonymous said...

Shar I really like it. It makes your eyes stand out even more! You are beautiful either way but this looks really great on you too.

Jeff and Holly said...

Your hair looks great. Isn't fun to have a change once in a while? Maybe I should try blonde???

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

You're beautiful baby! I'm loving the new look. You look good blonde, brown, and probably purple. You've got to stop being so strict with your children and let McK dye his hair green. Wouldn't it be great in the Primary program? :)

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I think you look smashing! But there is nothing new there - you always look smashing. Keep the new look, my dear. I wonder what Dennis would do if I went dark. He always said he thought he'd marry a brunette.

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

I'm looking at your picture and thinking, this is like a soap opera where the evil twin looks just like the sticky sweet blond, except her hair is dark and so IS SHE, I will be watching you for signs your not really you!

John & Tresa Martindale said...

I love it!! The dark side is in. I love the cut as well!! My 16 year old son Ian died his jet black. A neighbor asked him if he was wearing a wig. He should have gone for green. I think now hes looking at a buz cut! Connor used the green halloween hair spray. Got the look without the commitment. Nice to catch up on your fam. xoxo
Tresa

Lindsey Smith said...

I LOVE it! You look so diff but it fits you. You look amazeing! I love that Mark started to call you, how funny. Love ya! Have a fun Thanksgiving and think of us.

Lillie said...

You know how I feel, but I just thought I'd get it down in writing. Gorgeous.

Andie Bonze said...

You always have been really beautiful and what I have noticed with women is if they dye their hair darker they tend to look older, especially with my mom. But I stand corrected! I think it looks wonderful! Happy Thanksgiving!!!