Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lukie and Animals, its all in the Genes



Do you see a resemblance?   Grandpa Reeder was always one of my favorite people in the world.  He had the ability to make you feel like a million bucks.  He was as charismatic as anyone I knew.  Grandpa also loved animals and had a way of communicating with them. 

Little Luke has some of those same skills...




Grandpa was an awesome animal trainer and was able to get animals to difficult stunts.  




Grandpa would bring his Horses out every year and teach us how to ride them the right way.   He would try and break us of all our bad habits we learned from riding our horses.   



This is Luke and Mesa in the back yard finding out who is the alpha dog....



Luke and Nacho...  
Bugs are great to! 
He wanted to take the tape off its mouth..

Stew,   Luke talks about Stew every day

This is a rattle snake the we caught over our wall.   Luke wanted to touch it before Dave had it in a Safe hold....


Lukie loves all animals. It does not matter if it is a rattle snake we find behind the backyard wall, a scorpion, alligator, Turtle, 500 different lizards, his pet parakeet, Dogs, Cats, Ducks, all Zoo animals Cyotee, bugs, well I think everything. 
The little guy has such a soft little heart! 



Ducks in the park are not just for lookin... They need to be tamed.


Luke wanted to catch it.. 
Woody... 



11 comments:

Angie said...

I just LOVE your little boys so much! Little Lukie really does have such a tender little heart whether its a little lizard or a somewhat handicaped Aunt (pun intended haha). Your trip looks like it was so dang fun! Thanks again for EVERYTHING! I just love you guys so much!

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Reeder was an amazing man. Lukie sure does have a tender little heart. It is amazing that he is not afraid of anything. You got some great pics from your trip it looks like it was a blast.

koko bean..... said...

I think he is going to make a great hubby (to Ayders) since I was told they were going to be married ...because he will get rid of all the bugs in and outside of the house. Hahaha we love Lukie he is the sweetest little boy.

Tiff G. said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun! I love the idea of posting everything while you're still on vacation, I feel like I'm on vacation with you!

The roller coaster video was so funny, you could hear Mark laughing in the background and then at the end one of your boys asked why Mark he recorded it, "you're not supposed to". I love it, the boys keepin' Mark in line!
Have fun!! Miss you guys!

TnD said...

I have never understood people that didn't love little critters. It endears me to Luke that he loves animals in all forms so much.

Lindsey Smith said...

it takes a special little heart to love animals, is says so much about who he is. what a sweet little guy, so cute!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

That little guy is fantastic. I just love that kid. What a great collection of Luke and his animal encounters. Isn't it amazing when you see your parents and grandparents in your kids?

Audry said...

Mark, you captured him so well. He does have a soft little heart and that's what I love about him. Great post.

D3AB said...

I remember feeling for all the animals as a kid. I have gotten too tough now. I am so glad that you liked Islands of Adventure

Amy said...

What a neat, incredible post! It's so fun to get to know my cousin's children (and my cousins) via the blogs. Any kid that is an animal lover is a-okay in my book. I loved the comparison with your grandpa Reeder too. He sounds like a wonderful man.

Hope all is well with you all.

theadventursofsidandlinda said...

I love so our Lukie. He is a remarkable boy and I so appreciate his love for animals and that he is like my dad who was indeed an amazing animal lover. He really was the original 'horse whisperer' and he knew how to train dogs to do all kinds of tricks. I would love it if Luke took on those character traits from his Grandpa Reeder. I think Grandpa Reeder would love it too.